Saturday, November 14, 2015

Chocolate-Banana Bundt Cake

This beautiful bundt cake holds a wonderful surprise. It looks like a deliciously moist, über chocolatey, fudgy cake - you can see the melted chocolate chips in every slice - surprise! It's equally rich in banana flavour.
I happen to love the banana and chocolate combination but find that in most recipes the fruit is overwhelmed by the chocolate. This cake manages to find that perfect balance. 
It's very easy to make and uses basic baking pantry ingredients, even relying on cocoa powder for the intense chocolate flavour. And I really like the fact that the author provides the weights of all of the ingredients including the bananas. Too often, I've found that my idea of a small, medium or large banana doesn't agree with the author's so I end up with a too wet or too dry cake. Not so with this one. It's perfect every time.
It's a large cake so it's wonderful for feeding a crowd and on top of that, it keeps well for several days. I'm so happy to have found this recipe; it's in the fantastic cookbook Modern Jewish Cooking, by Leah Koenig. 

I'm sharing this post with Cook-Your-Books, hosted by Joyce of kitchen Flavours.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Zosia,

    Love your Bundt Cake...I was looking through my book "Cake Simple" using bundt pan...but I just didnt have the courage to attempt one yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MiMi. Bundt cakes are among my favourites to bake; the recipes are usually quite easy and the cakes always look special because of the shape of the pan (provided you've greased and floured it really well so the cake comes out easily). I haven't tried a recipe from "Cake Simple" but the book looks wonderful and has been added to my wish list!

      Delete
  2. Hi Zosia,
    That is a lovely cake! The crumbs looks moist, chocolaty and delicious! I got to have a peek at this book! Thanks for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cake is a new family favourite.
      I do hope you have a chance to look at the book. It didn't get a lot of press when it was released but it was among my amazon recommendations. I think it's the first time I ever paid attention to them and I have no regrets!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely chocolatey bundt cake . Love the combo & looks so decadent ....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is verrry chocolatey. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That looks wonderful. I'm going to have to track down that cookbook - what you've posted from it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.