Monday, May 29, 2017

Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg Toast - IHCC Potluck

I missed the "Bready Things" theme a few weeks ago at I Heart Cooking Clubs so I'm bringing this open-faced sandwich from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall to this week's Potluck.
Comprising scrambled eggs and smoked salmon piled high on a slice of toasted sourdough - yes, it really is that simple - I don't know that I actually needed a recipe for this but I did need a reminder of how good it is. The recipe is in the breakfast chapter of Hugh's book River Cottage Every Day but with a side salad it makes a delicious light lunch or supper too.

Visit here to see what everyone else brought to the potluck.

6 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea to put eggs together with salmon. Beautiful to look at too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vibrant colors here, I could enjoy an open sandwich like this. Looks so good, love salmon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore stuff on toast, and I will certainly help myself to seconds at any pot luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that a lot of his "recipes" are more ideas for something - many good ones,like this, which sounds like an excellent breakfast, or lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! The perfect light lunch. Fit for a queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.